The Global Insight
James Lewry is a Director who leads the social risk and compliance team in the Middle East from our Dubai office. James helps clients to manage their exposure to social risk and sustainability challenges in their supply chains.
- ESG and Sustainable Business
- Social Risk and Compliance
James Lewry is a Director who leads the social risk and compliance team in the Middle East from our Dubai office. James helps clients to manage their exposure to social risk and sustainability challenges in their supply chains. He draws on an academic background and career in risk management and has spent the past 16 years with Control Risks advising multinational companies and government agencies on ESG, human rights, labour rights, responsible sourcing, and supply chain risks worldwide.
Examples of James’ recent work include:
- Social responsibility mapping and investigation in the GCC for a multinational technology company
- Supporting Sedex as their lead audit quality partner for their global SMETA audit program
- Advising a multinational ports and logistics operating on their human rights program, including country risk mapping and program design
- Capacity building on responsible recruitment practices for 240 suppliers in a global FMCG collective
- Providing guidance and counsel on worker welfare risk management for the three-year-long construction of a national exposition in the Gulf Cooperation Council.
James has completed studies in corporate sustainability at NYU Stern and in sustainable finance at Cambridge University (CISL). He holds an MSc (distinction) in risk management from the University of Leicester. James is a fellow of the Security Institute and a governance risk and compliance professional (GRCP). Prior to his current role in the Middle East, James helped clients to manage enterprise and supply chain risks in Europe and Africa.